With Mother's Day just around the corner, join us in our 7 week series of Celebrating Mumpreneurs as we celebrate mothers who go beyond just carrying for their little ones.
Today, we would like to introduce to you a special mumpreneur, Olga, mother of a sweet 6 year old little boy, Matvey and founder of Russian brand, 8am Apparel.
1. Share with us, a little bit about your motivations for starting your business. 8am Apparel started back in February 2015 after I became a mama to my sweet boy! He was, and is my everything. From that point forward I knew home was where I was meant to be. He has inspired me to push myself in every aspect of my life. Every mom wants the best for their babies, so staying at home with him was a no brainer for me. Sewing never came natural to me, but I was determined to make this my new career! It has become my everything and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my loyal customers! I opened my Esty store back in February of 2015 and can honestly say I am living the Dream!!! I look forward every day to coming into my little studio and filling my orders, making my daily trek to the post office and then coming back and spending time creating new designs. From February 2015 to present I have completed over 2,100 orders.
2. What are some of the struggles you faced as a mumpreneur and how did you overcome them.
Judging my orders was one of the struggles i faced which I managed to overcome by hiring an assistant in my studio.
3. What do you think sets your product/brand apart from your competitors and why.
8amApparel- is a line of lovingly handmade clothing for little ones. Each item is handmade with lots of love and attention to details.
4. Share with us, what do you hope to achieve with your product/brand in the next year.
We are planning to launch a line of linen clothes next year.
5. For our Celebrating Mumpreneurs Series, share with us your words of wisdom to aspiring mumpreneurs.
If you really want to do something you will find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.